Hours: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern, Monday – Friday.
Here’s a list of the most often asked technical questions. Click on the FAQ for details. Call us if your question is not listed:
- COMET System Requirements
- How do I connect to COMET?
- Will my corporate firewall allow me to connect to COMET?
- Can I only connect to COMET from my office computer?
- I just received my System Administrator password, what should I do first?
- As the System Administrator is it my responsibility to distribute the COMET sign on credentials to each user that I set up?
- Can a COMET System Administrator ID be set up so that user can also execute transactions?
- I can not open an attachment in COMET?
COMET is 100% browser based.
There is no software to download and nothing to install.
RAM: Minimum required to run operating system (One gigabyte recommended).
Browser Requirements: Best viewed with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or MS Edge.
Firewall Requirements: COMET communicates bi-directionally using HTTPS via Port 443. This is the standard port for secure SSL connections and as such should not require any changes by your corporate IT staff. If your company’s security strategy restricts port 443, then firewall modifications may be necessary. See you internal corporate IT staff or contact the TruMarx Technical Support team for assistance.
COMET is a rich web application that can simply be accessed using an Internet connection and a browser (See System Requirements for additional information). There is no special hardware required or software to install.
COMET communicates with your browser using a secure HTTPS connection via port 443. Port 443 is a standard port for this type of secure connection using SSL, and as such there should be no special action needed on the part of your company’s IT staff.
In the unlikely event that your company’s security strategy restricts HTTPS connections over port 443, then a firewall change may be required. You can contact your internal IT personnel or the TruMarx Support Staff for further assistance.
No. Since COMET is a rich web application that requires no special software installation, you only need an Internet connection, browser, and valid ID and Password to access COMET. (See System Requirements for additional information)
First, please follow the instructions enclosed in the email that contained your ID and Password. These instructions walk you through setting a personalized password and also setting up password recovery in case you forget it. Once you have completed that you can follow the link provided to sign into the COMET Customer Administrator tool and begin to set your company up on COMET. If you need further assistance, please contact TruMarx Support.
As the System Administrator is it my responsibility to distribute the COMET sign on credentials to each user that I set up?
No. The COMET Customer Administrator tool is designed to automatically generate an email to each user that provides them their ID, a temporary password, instructions for setting a permanent password and the link to log into the COMET Transaction Client.
Yes. The COMET Customer Administrator ID can be set up like any other user ID with robust entitlements. Therefore it is possible for one user to act as both a System Administrator and also as a transacting user.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, you must change a default setting to enable you to view attachments by completing the following:
- From the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, select Internet Options.
- Click on the Security Tab, and then click the Custom Level button to open the Security Settings box.
- Scroll about half way down the list to the section titled “Downloads”.
- Select “Enable Automatic prompting for file downloads”.
- Click the OK button at the bottom which will close the Security Settings box.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the Internet Options box.
This will enable you to view attachments in COMET.