Liquified Natural Gas (LNG)
Introducing Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) Transaction Capability on COMET
COMET now supports spot LNG trading, and this new capability facilitates these transactions by allowing users to:
- Electronically and confidentially structure all their transactions, tenders and cargos.
- Privately publish the structure to any pre-screened COMET counterparts via a one-to-many request for price.
- Negotiate the terms of the transaction via multiple one-to-one confidential negotiations until the originator accepts or rejects a particular transaction.
- Receive an automated transaction confirmation with full transaction details.
- Generate a comprehensive transaction audit trail to help meet a variety of audit and regulatory compliance standards.
What are the Benefits of COMET for the Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) Market?
COMET offers a wide variety of benefits to LNG market participants such as:
- No standardized contracts. All transaction terms are customized by the user, tenders or cargos
- 280+ companies now access COMET in North America, including over 60 LNG market participants
- Completely confidential, bilateral negotiation and execution process
- No cost to own, implement or use COMET; only parties to a successful execution will owe transaction fees
- Confirmations, trade capture and full audit trail provided for deal documentation and straight through processing into other systems
- Adjacent services available to help users address other challenges around the transaction (price discovery, logistics, transaction facilitation, etc.)
- Transaction facilitation performed by Market Advocates dedicated to COMET subscribers
- Intuitive and easy to use